stephaniestuvebodeen

SA Bodeen Reads

I read. I like. I recommend.

The Way We Fall

The Way We Fall - Megan Crewe I'd rather give this like 3.5 instead of just 3. The premise of this one was too good to pass up: a deadly virus hits an isolated island. I've been reading a lot of dystopias and this seemed right up my alley. I'm not a big fan of telling a whole novel in letters to a friend, but I kind of got used to it. Although I had to suspend belief a couple of times, thinking "Wow, this is one seriously detailed letter..." but that's just me and my personal preferences.I liked the way this differed from many dystopias, in that we got to see the beginning of the crisis and how things gradually went from normal to bad to worse. I expected a bit more action, but again, that is how this book differs from other dystopias: more time is spent on relationships and internal conflict, while the external conflict gradually accelerated,making for a slower pace overall. Not a bad thing, just different than a lot of books that will get grouped with this one. I think readers will find the setting and premise quite compelling.