stephaniestuvebodeen

SA Bodeen Reads

I read. I like. I recommend.

Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky - Veronica Rossi Premise: Since she’d been on the outside, she’d survived an Aether storm, she’d had a knife held to her throat, and she’d seen men murdered. This was worse.

Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland—known as The Death Shop—are slim. If the cannibals don’t get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She’s been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He’s wild—a savage—and her only hope of staying alive.

A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile—everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria’s help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky....

I got the e-galley of this one today and started reading. Wow. The story really sucked me in and I couldn't stop until I'd finished. The world of this dystopia is truly different than many I've read recently. It could be Earth and maybe it isn't... Wherever it is, the setting is original and fascinating,and I could totally visualize it. The story of Aria and Perry is truly compelling and I really enjoyed this book.